Re: Q: How to "freeze" LTSP sessions - and unfreeze later.

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 09:52:33PM +0000, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> > well, you could do it for all the users, something like:
> >     who | while read WHO WHERE WHEN ; do
> >       case $WHERE in
> >         :[0-9]*)
> >           su -c "DISPLAY=$WHERE xscreensaver-command -lock" $WHO
> >           ;;
> >       esac
> >     done
> >
> > Replace "xscreensaver-command -lock " with some xlock command, and make
> > it loop while you want to have their attention in some way.
>
> Nice.  If I understand correctly this locks each screen as the user who is
> logged in.
> For those who really don't trust their users (though I'm sure you all do)
> not to fire up kmines as soon as you start to speak, one could go a little
> further.

I think you may be able to specify which screensaver to use, or just
use blanking

> Suppose you create a dummy "screenlock" user.  A teacher runs the
> lockdesktops script.  This does the following:

Ahhm, this script has to be run by root, or through sudo, because the
su-command really changes to the user running that display

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no