Re: Skolelinux ISO - Download Mirrors list

onsdag 10 november 2004, 11:33, skrev du :
> I have tried to look around but could only find Bit Torrent site. Is
> there any server which supports resume [ we are on community network
> - can not use BT or any thing, get about 2 to 5k speed hence server
> must support resume ] and offers latest Skolelinux.

First of all. It's greate that Linux Pakistan is interested
http://www.linuxpakistan.net/ :-). You are motivating us to do a better
job with your question! I took the liberty to send my answer to the
debian-edu mailinglist so that more people around the would can get the
same answer, where probably more people have low bandwidth, as you
have ...

Answer 1: wget supports http, https, and ftp protocols. It's posible to
use 'wget' with the parameter '-c':

'wget -c
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/skolelinux-i386-release-1.0r1.iso'

You can regulate the numbers of retries with the parameter '-t':

'wget -c -t 20 <ftp-file>'

The parameter '--waitretry=seconds' should do the job?

Try 'man wget' to find more parameters :-)

> If only option is BT or fast connection then do let us know, then we
> will search some one to download that and allow us to pull a copy of
> ISO.

Answer 2: Jim Oksvold is also sending ISO-images to any country or place
for the price of the CD, and postage :-)
http://developer.skolelinux.no/cdcopy.html.en

Sincerely

Knut
--
Project manager (cel: +47 908 95 765) Skolelinux Norway and OpenOffice
translation to Norwegian. Office 1: SLX Debian Labs Forskningsparken,