Re: User Administration

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 12:10:17PM +0200, Rudolf Weeber wrote:
| Hi,
| On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 12:04:32PM +0200, Runo Forrisdahl wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > Is it possible to give other users than root create/modify and delete users
| > and groups rights in Skolelinux?
| Yes, you can use sudo to do that.
| Tha man-page fo the sudoers file has examples for just that purpose.

I find this in the sudoers man-page:

+secretaries   ALL = PRINTING, /usr/bin/adduser, /usr/bin/rmuser

and indeed this will work, but will the adduser/rmuser scripts populate LDAP
or /etc/passwd/shadow? When I tested it added the user to passwd/shadow and
not to LDAP, and in LDAP is where I want my users to be. Can I then still
use adduser/rmuser?

--
Runo Førrisdahl -
Infostream http://www.infostream.no/