SchoolTool and Debian Edu
As a follow up to my earlier RFS for SchoolTool , I'd like to announce
that SchoolTool has passed muster with the FTP masters and is now installable
Some of the new features in these packages address the issues raised in the
* Support for TCP wrappers (requires python-tcpwrap) 
* Native SSL support - no apache virtual hosting required 
* Pre-seedable debconf configuration for interfaces and SSL certificates
(if I did it right) 
Now i'd like to ask - How do I, from a packaging point of view, make it
easy for Debian Edu users to use SchoolTool?
Some idea's that pop into my mind are (Brain-storming):
* Sarge Backport
- How does SkoleLinux release? Is it with every Debian stable release?
- SchoolTool is young and fast developing package, so would maintaining
a backport for sarge be of any use?
* Write a preseed file for a default Debian Edu setup
- What ports should the server listen on? (we have 2 interfaces, A
RESTive and web interface)
- SSL by default?
- what data to use in the SSL certificate?
* education-* metapackage
- I cannot find a place for SchoolTool in the existing Debain Edu
metapackages. Can someone suggest one? or should i propose an
* Anything else?
Finally, it's my personal opinion that SchoolTool development could
benefit a lot from wider testing by the future users.
hopefully we will have some;).