automatic first stage install testing in bochs

I have finished setting up an automated, daily test of the first stage
debian-edu install using bochs. The install runs for 3 hours overnight[1],
so I can run at most 3 of them a day. Currently it selects main-server[2],
and it stops after the base system is installed. I suspect that a full
install of debian-edu in bochs would take more than 1 day. So the real
value of this test is that we can at least know that the
debian-installer part of the installation is working on the debian-edu
CD, without testing it by hand every day.

The log of the install (along with some others) is here:
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/test-logs.html

If you're interested in setting up your own automated install in bochs:

0. Install screen, expect, and bochs.
1. svn co svn://svn.debian.org/d-i/trunk/scripts/digress
2. svn co svn://svn.debian.org/d-i/people/joeyh/autoinstall
2. Edit autoinstall/schemes/bochs/debian-edu and set BOCHS_CD to point
   to the path of the CD image to test.
3. Run the test: DI_TESTDIR=autoinstall digress/test-harness bochs debian-edu

--
see shy jo

[1] On a 2.7 ghz celeron. Bochs == slow.
[2] A bit more expect coding will be needed to let it select others
    easily.