Re: Outcome of Custom Debian Distro Workshop in Florence

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> I think the simple way to do it is include some take on Packages file
> but I don't like it because we will enlarge it more and doesn't look
> a clean solution to me.
>
> You think is bad try to have a preseed file or something like
> preprocessed by dpkg-preconfigure?

I think it's less than ideal from a design point of view to have
multiple ways to include the same information in the control archive,
and preseed files are effectively the same information as is in config
and templates, though with an ordering component. So just add the
ordering component some other way. A Preseeds: true in the control
archive might be one way.

--
see shy jo