Re: Joint statement about debian edu participation from the GUADEC 2004

Knut Yrvin a écrit :
> -------- English ----------
> The intention is to eliminate the duplication of work and to
> facilitate communication of ideas between the participants.  In this
> way we hope to improve the competence of our digital skills ...

Hello Knut,

there will be a project in the same direction on european scale,
targeting modest goals in order to be eligible for funding by the
program Socrates/Minerva.

It has been discussed with partners from Germany, Norway and France at
Linuxtag (Karlsruhe, 2004-06-26, 17:00-18:00, Klaus Johnstad was there),
and will be discussed at LSM (Bordeaux, 2004-07-09, 9:00-12:00 see
lsm.abul.org) with partners from Belgium, Germany, Spain and France.
Some contacts have been taken with Polish partners.

This project (FREE = Free Resources for Education in Europe) has two
sides :

1- providing means to make servers for schools as compatible as possible
   when they are based on the same free software background, so their
   qualities become additive
2- providing a framework for the unnumerable teachers which publish
   educational resources on internet, in order to help them to make
   these resources actually sharable and sustainable. This framework is
   about knowledge of open formats, free licenses, and free software
   tools.

You can find some informations at
(English)  -> http://lsm2004.abul.org/article27.html
(Español)  -> http://lsm2004.abul.org/article31.html
(Français) -> http://lsm2004.abul.org/article28.html

Do you know whether such projects funded by the EU can be linked to
more international collaborations ?

Best regards,			Georges.