Re: Turkish support for Skolelinux

* Recai Oktas (roktas@omu.edu.tr) [040622 14:56]:
> Hi,
>
> As part of the Debian Turkish localization efforts [1], I would like to
> coordinate the Turkish support for Skolelinux.  I've investigated the
> project web pages, but couldn't clarify the required procedure to
> partipicate to the project.  Please excuse my ignorance, but could
> someone point me the required steps for doing this?
>
> P.S. I already have an alioth account as "roktas-guest".

there is an other cvs account you need, for the
developer.skolelinux.no site. translate everything in sight, plus
the website. (c:

translating is not everything, though. you need to build some
sort of community, including teachers (not too many of those to
start with), developers and pupils, to get feedback from. try not
only to introduce debian-edu`s concept in turkey, but try to find
out what is needed and what needs to be changed to fit the needs
well.

germany is a good example: german schools are run differently
then norwegian ones, and so is the teaching in schools. to
compensate for authority the german teachers need to be able to
switch of the pupils screen to get their attention.  since that
problem does not exist in that form in norway, this was not
implemented there. This would be an example of local feature
adjustments (done by developers).

And finally you can start some marketing efford to make
debian-edu beeing konwn in turkey, touting the advantages that it
brings to schools in turkey. (c:

/andreas