Re: real bug or not?

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 02:24:14AM -0700, Paula Harris wrote:

> before submitting an unnecessary bug-report, short
> question here:
> I've got an ATi Radeon 9200 graphics-card, 128 MB.
> When installing skole rc2, the installer told me to
> fill in a bug-report
>
> "error:./07debian-edu-config: Unable to install the
> required XFree86 server 'xserver-svga' automatically.,
> error:./76debian-edu-config: failed to run
> /usr/bin/dexconf"

Hmm... seems like the installer tries to install one of the old
xfree86-packages (version 3)?

> KDM and KDE start in spite of this message.
> XFree86config-4: graphics-device "vesa". Is that
> sufficient or will the card run with minor
> functionality?
> I've searched the web and found some howtos...

Did this work automatically after the installation, or did you edit
your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4?

I don't think you'll be able to utilize the graphic card with the
vesa-driver, but I guess someone else will be able to give you some
details. By the way, I found this page which can maybe give you some
hints on how to get the card working with another driver:

http://users.actrix.co.nz/michael/radeon9200.html

> Or should I fill in a bug-report?

Please file a bugreport, and please attach the output of these
commands:

 - 'xdebconfigurator -x'
 - 'xdebconfigurator -dx'
 - 'xdebconfigurator -ix'