Re: CVS update: skolelinux/www/testing/wlus 003_delete_many_users.txt

[Andreas Schuldei]
> but then it would not be a win to remove the mailspool. we would
> only void information that might become interesting again, later.

I do not follow you?

> in germany all documents have to be archived for some time when a
> user writes his final exames, to be able to detect fraud and
> cheating after the fact. mail is certainly one possible resource
> here.

This sounds like an argument for closing accounts and waiting a while
before removing them.  Not for keeping the mail around when removing
accounts.

> what are the reasons that the mailspool must be removed? what do we
> win by doing it now? the mailspool is savely stored in the user's
> entry in the attic and can be taken care of when it comes to to
> controlled removal.

Mailspool should be removed when the home directory is removed, to
make sure no orphaned mail spool files are left hanging around when
the account is removed.