Easy Administration of KDE Settings? (Suggestions)

Dear developers of skolelinux
dear teaching collegues,

only two more weeks, and I will have a running skolelinux system in my
school! Until then, I can only guess about how to cpe with possible
situations. But let's get prepered to this:

Imagine I have improved some central KDE settings (say, plain desktop
instead of complex wall paper, say better structure in k-menu). Now, I
want not only to have theses improved settings for any NEW user, but
also for (a selection of) existing users (e.g. guest accounts).

As for new users, for now, I can manually copy the relevant files into
the skel directory (How about offering a script which can transfer any
settings of a predefined user "template" into the skel folder on
demand? Of course, this template account should only be available to
root).

As for resetting existing user settings on demand, I could imagine to
have a group "guests" (LDAP?), and everybody in this group will be
reset then (alternative: have their settings fixed/centralized).

At last, any user having messed up their settings should be able to
reset their settings to the skel / template settings on demand. This
could be a correspondingly labled script, I suppose.

Now, what do you think about this suggestion? Or, tell me: is it there,
already? :)

Thanks a million,
good luck
Ralf.

P.S.: Apart from teacher and pupil accounts, is there anything being
discussed like one-time-accounts or guest accounts with restricted
admissions?