choice of network FSs (was: Too many default groups in Skolelinux' LDAP schema?)

> >>But that problem maybe solve via another solution. NFS is good for
> >>internal thin-clients, but even for server-server-filesharing I think
> >>there are better solutions (e.g. coda).

To overcome the current nfs limits I think NFSv4 availability in in current
kernels was already mentioned, and CIFS might also be an altenative.

But OTH there are some advantage in AFS:
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2003-April/008931.html

To distribute between servers (performance) or laptops (disconected
operation) Intermezzo (http://inter-mezzo.org) is more light wheight than
Coda.