Re: Proposal for the norwegian bokmål langcode transition for po-debconf

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 06:52:00PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[...]
> It might be a better idea to modify the implementation of po-debconf
> to do this work automatically.  It could always use the nb.po file to
> generate both the 'nb' and the 'no' translations, and warn if both
> nb.po and no.po (or nb_NO.po and no_NO.po) files are present.  This
> way, the source of the debian packages do not need to change, and only
> the build-dependencies need to be updated.  I copy this email to the
> po-debconf maintainer to get his view on this idea.

Hi Petter, I will do what you request, this is a rather trivial change,
but please give me detailed instructions for all cases (1 means that the
file is present, 0 it is missing):

    no.po | nb.po
    ------+------
      0   |   0
      1   |   0
      0   |   1
      1   |   1  ->  maybe with subcases to test if files are symlinks,
                     different, ...

I have almost no opinion on how to handle such a transition, you can
discuss this issue with other interested people and tell me what to do
when you come to a consensus.

AFAICT people should be discouraged from using the _NO variants (there
is no need to be more specific than needed) so they were not considered
in the table above.

Denis