Re: PTS News & DebianEdu's future

I am no developer, so I cannot lead such a project, but
I am a teacher and an artist, and will try to contribute
anything I can in those capacities.
(there is a banner that I made here: http://www.debian.org/banners/ )
I presently do all the art for School-Library.net (heck, it's my site)
and Photodharma.com (yeah, that's mine, too)
I have been involved with the K12ltsp.org project and they are using
some of my art.
If DebianEdu was to package some educational utilities, edutainment, etc.,
I would certianly be glad to make suggestions, as a professional public school teacher, such as student info mgmt., library automation, educational programs.

I'm afraid I have not yet even successfully installed Debain, however.
I got through the entire install and the xserver wouldn't start (yes, I installed X and kde, I think it's a video card driver issue). So I am using the RH based K12os again.  But because I believe that Debian truly embodies the spirit of freedom and sharing the brought me to OSS, and becuase I think certain corporations have strangled schools long enough, I will offer to serve as I can.

tony baldwin

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!