Re: What do you want to do

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 17:44, Randy Edwards wrote:

> ~   I think DebianEdu packages should be integrated; for example, various
> packages set up to automatically use an LDAP and/or NIS.  And, of course, lots
> of additional educational/edutainment goodies would need to be packaged.  This
> is just some babbling off the top of my head -- and yes, I know how much work
> I just spit out in the course of a short paragraph. :-)

I really like this idea. And, while we're at it, it probably wouldn't be
a bad idea to include a Samba PDC running with the LDAP backend, because
a lot of schools will be _VERY_ interested in a smooth transition from
their existing NT networks to a mixed windows/linux network. (I know,
that doesn't sound good, but in my school, there's no choice - one lab
is sticking with windows, the rest are going to linux)

Vance

 Vance Lankhaar                        vance@pcsscreston.ca
 PCSS Yearbook                      yearbook@pcsscreston.ca
 PCSS Computers                    sysadmins@pcsscreston.ca