Re: What do you want to do

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 05:45, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> 1. Are you a debian developer ?

No

> 2. If no, would you like to become a developer in order to
>    maintain some packages ?

I'd like to, but there's only so many hours in a day....

> 3. Do you have packaging skills/experience ?

I think I made an RPM once. Nope, that might have been a tarball.

> 4. If you're a Debian developer, are you willing to sponsor
>    people who packages educational software ?

n/a

> 5. Are you willing to write/translate documentation for educational
>    software ?

Again, not enough hours in a day

> 6. What area in the big educational landscape are of special interest
>    for you (math, physics, biology, languages, etc.) ?

Basic computer use - typing, word processing, etc (also CAD and
Programming)

> 7. Freetyle question. What else would you like to do within DebianEdu ?
>    What do you expect from DebianEdu ?

I'd like to see an easy-to-use customizable installer-maker, so that we
can easily roll our own install cds for our own school.

Also, I'd like to see the inclusion of a 2D/3D CAD package, though I
don't know of any atm....

> 8. Are you part of other education-related projects ? What is your
>    position in those projects (leader, contributor, lurker, ...) ?

not really.

> At the same time, if you can put a little resume on your personal page
> on the wiki by registering under http://wiki.debian.net/WikiUsers that'd
> be great. :) It's optional though.

I really ought to do that, but not today :)

 Vance Lankhaar                        vance@pcsscreston.ca
 PCSS Yearbook                      yearbook@pcsscreston.ca
 PCSS Computers                    sysadmins@pcsscreston.ca
 http://www.crestonbc.com/pcss/   http://www.pcsscreston.ca