Re: About metapackages

<snip>
> I'm looking for good names for the distinction based on the level. We
> all know that the shool system differs much in all the countries so
> we must find something generic.
</snip>

since it will differ so much between countries, and since each country has
it's own language and i'm guessing the school would prefer the software to
be in that language
and every country have different levels at school
what about something like:

domain-XX-LLEVEL

where XX is the two-letter countrycode (eg UK, US, SV, FR etc)

and LLEVEL stands for LOCAL LEVEL (for the UK it would be HIGH SCHOOL,
COLLEGE etc, for sweden it would be HOGSTADIE, GYMNASIE etc)

guess it would be possible to only have generic levels, but i wouldn't be
suprised if a lot of schools would find it too difficult to adjust and
select software to fit their needs, since it's based on UK/US/whatever
instead of their needs.

aware of the fact that it would be more work, but personally i think it's
needed
possibly have domain-GLEVEL as well
so every package goes into domain-GLEVEL (GENERIC level)
and then someone puts (& translates) the relevant packages into the
domain-XX-LLEVEL tree

my second 2p..

/ d