LDAP configuration (Was: What do you want to do)

[Randy Edwards]
> I think DebianEdu packages should be integrated; for example,
> various packages set up to automatically use an LDAP and/or NIS.

Skolelinux is working on automatic LDAP configuration.  Authentication
is already working, and we plan to enable LDAP on the email server and
web services as well.  We ran into a more serious problem when we
discovered that NSS-LDAP don't support netgroups.  We need netgroups.
Another problem is the fact that the LDAP packages in Woody do not use
SSL.  SSL is needed to avoid sending unencrypted passwords over the
net.  A third problem is that it is impossible to umount /usr/ when
using nss-ldap.  libldap is in /usr/lib/. :-(