Debian-Edu: Problems with folders permissions

Hello subscribers to the debian-edu mailing list,

I am new here and not sure if this is the place to get help for debian-edu, but I could not find any other place to post my problem.

I have set up a debian-edu network for helping our refugees in getting integrated here in germany.

The setup is working flawless for over 10 months.

Now my teachers have requested two adjustments described by the following two goals, and I cannot figure out how to solve this problems.

I really would appreciate if you could give me some advice on how to solve these issues. Probably it is just a minor thing with LDAP and PAM, but I am not so experienced with these subjects. All my research in the last two months (especially on LTSP) were without success.

Goal:

1. provide a directory on server accessible from all users for libreoffice templates

2. provide folders for posting assignments in the home directories of all users in group students for access by members of group teachers (see manual chapter 15.2.1)

umask is 002
Student = ts
Teacher = nt

My solution (with setGID):

1. created a directory /srv/Templates:

# ls -lad /srv/Templates
drwxrwsrwx 2 root users 4096 Apr 2 17:53 /srv/Templates

2. created a directory /skole/tjener/home0/ts/assignments:

# ls -lad /skole/tjener/home0/ts/assignments
drwxrws--- 2 ts teachers 4096 Apr 3 15:13 /skole/tjener/home0/ts/assignments

Problems:
When logged in directly on the server everything works perfect but from the thin clients over the LTSP-server the following problems arise:

ad 1. Student tries to reach Templates directory form thin client

ts@auto-mac-xxxxx$ cd /srv/Templates:
bash: cd: /srv/Templates: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

ad 2. Teachers tries to reach assignments directory of Student ts from thin client

nt@auto-mac-xxxxx$ cd /skole/tjener/home0/ts/assignments:
bash: cd: /skole/tjener/home0/ts/assignments: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

My setup:

eth0: 10.0.2.2 Main Server
eth1: 192.168.0.254 --> Switch: 192.168.0.0/24 --> LTSP clients

Clients are thin clients due to weak hardware
Debian-Edu is current with all updates and upgrades

I have tried it with changing /etc/pam.d/sshd file and /etc/security/access.conf according to handbook
(15.4.2 Setup with LTSP clients ), but it does not work

Can anybody give me advice on this subject?

Best Regards
Erich Sehne