Re: Debian Edu lenny rc1 prerelease
Thanks for your diligent effort in that task.
2010/1/22 Holger Levsen <email@example.com>
I'm happy to announce the first release candidate (rc1) of the Lenny based
Please test these images as much as you can and report back feedback.
Since the previous test release (alpha3) all remaining blocker bugs got fixed
and some of the features broken in the last release are now working.
The updated images can be downloaded via FTP, HTTP and rsync (see below
for detailed instructions). The CD image size is about 606 MiB and the
DVD about 4.4 GiB.
Here are the most remarkable changes since the alpha3 test release:
- Fix non-root PAM access on diskless workstations, making sure screen
unlocking work in KDE (#1415).
- Fix incorrect DNS setup for diskless workstations installed from DVD
- Nagios monitoring is now automatically configured using information
collected from each machine.
- Fix problem affecting PXE installations using Squid as a package proxy.
- Fix boot problem with Gnome based diskless workstations.
- Changed proxy configuration to use the WPAD file as the authorative source,
allowing the proxy settings to be changed centrally.
- Remove some obsolete configuration files for Nagios and cfengine during
- Make sure the KDE media applet is part of the default user configuration,
for easier use of removable media.
To download this rc1 multiarch netinstall prerelease you can use
To download this rc1 multiarch dvd prerelease you can use
(ftp is also available as usual.)
The MD5SUM of these images are
The SHA1SUMS are:
How to report bugs:
cheers & happy testing,
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-edu-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org