Debian Edu lenny alpha1 prerelease
This is the second test release (alpha1) of the Lenny based Skolelinux
version. Since the first test release (alpha0) some bugs got fixed and
some of the features broken in the last release are now working.
The updated images can be downloaded via FTP, HTTP and rsync (see below
for detailed instructions). The CD image size is about 606 MiB and the
DVD about 4.4 GiB.
Here are the most remarkable changes since the first test release (alpha0):
* The package killer is no longer automatically installed, because of
some remaining bugs.
* KPDF, Quanta and Kturtle are now installed automatically if KDE is
installed as desktop environment.
* The proxy server is now used by Iceweasel, even if the users remove
proxy configuration from his/her profile.
* The old DNS range names like printer, static, dhcp and ltsp are now
added to the LDAP tree on installation.
* Nagios3 configuration was revised and now has a better default behavior.
* Further examples for extended Samba configuration are distributed.
* The test suite, used to automatically detect errors in the installed
system, after installation, is now more robust.
The following features are still not working as they should:
* Nagios is not configured automatically through the data collected by
* Some flash based websites are not displayed correctly:
o Gnash is now the default flash player, the non free flash plugin can
be installed from lenny-backports (see http://www.backports.org/ for
* DVD does not work properly. On installation of the combined
mainserver+ltsp-server+workstation the text-mode installer hangs at the
end with a bluescreen - press CTRL-C to continue installation
* diskless workstations do still not work out of the box, they behave
like thin clients.
To download this alpha1 multiarch netinstall prerelease you can use
To download this alpha1 multiarch dvd prerelease you can use
The MD5SUM of these images are
How to report bugs: