Re: What do you want to do

Salve

Right now I saw that I sent my mail to the wrong address.
Here the second trying.

greets
foxman

Am Sonntag, 15. September 2002 14.45 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> Hello everyone,

Salve too

Sorry for me late answer, but promoting GNU/Linux and Free Software at Swiss
schools is a full time job, but a successful too.
(Sorry right now for my still bad English).

[snip]

> 1. Are you a debian developer ?

No.

> 2. If no, would you like to become a developer in order to
>    maintain some packages ?

Yes. But not right know, perhaps in the next few weeks or months.

> 3. Do you have packaging skills/experience ?

Not really, only with alien ,-)

> 4. If you're a Debian developer, are you willing to sponsor
>    people who packages educational software ?

N/A

> 5. Are you willing to write/translate documentation for educational
>    software ?

Yes.

> 6. What area in the big educational landscape are of special interest
>    for you (math, physics, biology, languages, etc.) ?

No special, but perhaps I know most about primary school (I'm a primary school
teacher, but only apprenticed, not working).

> 7. Freetyle question. What else would you like to do within DebianEdu ?
>    What do you expect from DebianEdu ?

Promoting DebianEdu.
Using DebianEdu.
Perhaps packaging for DebianEdu, somewhere in the future.
My expectations of DebianEdu:
- DebianEdu should become a very good Free distribution for schools all over
the world, with good software and an easy installer. With the installer, I
think about something quite similar to the different bootable CD's of Debian
Woody. The first CD with kernel 2.2, the second with 2.2idepci, the third
with 2.2compact, the fourth with <I don't know>, the fifth with 2.4bf4 and
perhaps somewhere in the future, the n. CD with a graphical installer, the
n+1. CD with autodetection of the hardware, the n+2. CD with an easy
installer for the different subprojects of Debian.
- Debian is already a fantastic distribution and in a few days or weeks I'll
install a little pc-network (6-7 pc) at a primary school with Debian
GNU/Linux, and I hope it won't be the last one.

> 8. Are you part of other education-related projects ? What is your
>    position in those projects (leader, contributor, lurker, ...) ?

Yes. I'm a member and co-founder of the ALIS - Arbeitsgruppe Linux an Schulen
(Swiss work group for Linux at school) [1]. I'm a co-founder of the local LUG
too, called LUGO - Linux User Group Oberwallis.
At the moment I write a monthly published column about GNU/Linux and/or Free
Software at school (more about it in a few days).

> At the same time, if you can put a little resume on your personal page
> on the wiki by registering under http://wiki.debian.net/WikiUsers that'd
> be great. :) It's optional though.

I hope I'll find some time in one of the next weeks, but not now.

> Cheers,

The same for you
greets
foxman aka Mario