From: Brian Gupta
Subject: RSVP open: Tuesday May 18th, Systemd in 2018
To: NYLUG Technical Discussion List

RSVP here:

----------------

https://www.meetup.com/nylug-meetings/

What:

-------

Systemd in 2018

When:

--------

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

7:00 PM

Where:

---------

Facebook

225 Park Ave South, 9th Floor

Lennart Poettering

-on-

Systemd in 2018

Note: WE ARE MEETING AT FACEBOOK!! We'll need names, and you will need IDs. RSVP will open Tuesday May 1st, 2018, 4:30pm.

Today, systemd is firmly established as system and service manager of most of today's major Linux distributions. In this talk we'll have a look at the most recent developments in systemd land, what we have learned so far and where the project will go next. We'll have a look at various new features of systemd, in particular the Portable Services concept that will be made available with systemd v239, new resource management ('cgroupv2') and security functionality as well as limited OCI container compatibility that's coming soon.

Afterwards:

TBD

Speaker Bio:

Lennart Poettering works at Red Hat, in the Server Experience group. He's one of the creators of the systemd project.