Date: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM
Subject: RSVP open: Wed Apr 20, Mark Baker -on- What's new in Ubuntu
16.04 (Xenial Xerus)?
To: NYLUG Technical Discussion

RSVP here:
----------------
http://rsvp.nylug.org/228363222 (Meetup redirect)

What:
---------
What's new in Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus)?

When:
----------
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
6:30 PM

Where:
-----------
Civic Hall - 2nd Floor
156 5th Avenue, New York, NY
(Use the far elevator bank to get to the 2nd floor.)

Mark Baker
-on-
What's new in Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus)?

Note: WE ARE MEETING AT CIVIC HALL!! We'll need names, and you will
need IDs. RSVP will open Wednesday Apr 6th, 2016, 4:30pm.

Mark Baker, Ubuntu Server and Cloud Product Manager at Canonical, will
talk about the soon to be (4/??/16) released Ubuntu LTS (Long Term
Support) 16.04 Xenial Xerus, which, as an LTS release, will be
supported for the next five years.

Most importantly, Mark will answer the pressing question, "What is a Xerus?"

In addition, Mark will be thoroughly reviewing  the major changes in
16.04, with a particular goal to explain why the changes are important
and how they impact users, whether they are running Ubuntu in the
cloud, on the desktop or in their pockets.

Mark will also touch on some recent changes in Ubuntu's kernel
maintenance policies, and other timely Ubuntu news.

Links:
--------
http://www.ubuntu.com/

Afterwards:
----------------
Join us afterwards at a nearby bar where we'll continue the
discussion over drinks and/or food.

Speaker Bio:
Mark is the Ubuntu server and cloud product manager at Canonical where
he has spent the last 4 years helping drive the platform for next
generation application delivery. Prior to Canonical Mark worked at
MySQL and Red Hat where he enjoyed disrupting large Billion dollar
incumbent technology companies. With OpenStack and Ubuntu Mark
continues to have fun following this same path.