Re: Have a really good feeling about stretch.

On 03/25/2016 10:56 PM, Brian Gupta wrote:
I've been running Jessie on my heavily modified but ancient T61. (It's
got the cursed x3100 Intel GMA integrated video). It's been
inconsistently performing, and the video sometimes glitches out.

Because there were some "won't fix" bugs in the stable version of
Gnome, I decided to upgrade to testing, and Stretch runs way better on
this hardware. It's like the machine is new and fast again. (As much
as a 9 year old laptop with a wimpy video accelerator can appear
fast.) Gnome 3.18 is an improvement.

The upgrade didn't go smoothly and I had to untangle some circular
dependencies, but other than that, I am really pleased, and just
wanted to share, in case others were on the fence about moving to
testing.

Cheers,
Brian

I'm doing all work on a couple of desktops, a laptop (T430), and co-workers' hardware I'm responsible for helping with, all on stretch, closely following. Very little breakage.
Although I steer far away from gnome, or systemd for that matter.
I was just planning to put stretch on a veteran Dell Inspiron laptop tomorrow.