From: Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM
Subject: RSVP open: Wed Mar 16, Andrea Arcangeli -on- Virtual Memory
management and Virtualization in the Linux Kernel
To: NYLUG Technical Discussion <nylug-talk@nylug.org>

What:
---------
Virtual Memory management and Virtualization in the Linux Kernel

When:
----------
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
6:30 PM

Where:
-----------
Civic Hall - 2nd Floor
156 5th Avenue, New York, NY
(Use the far elevator bank to get to the 2nd floor.)

Andrea Arcangeli
-on-
Virtual Memory management and Virtualization in the Linux Kernel

Note: WE ARE MEETING AT CIVIC HALL!! We'll need names, and you will
need IDs. RSVP will open Wednesday Mar 2nd, 2016, 4:30pm.

Andrea will provide a high level perspective of the most notable
milestones in the longterm evolution of the Linux Virtual Memory and
Virtualization subsystems. In addition, Andrea will explore recent
advances in Memory Management related to the KVM Virtualization
Hypervisor, such as THP, KSM, NUMA balancing, and userfaultfd/postcopy
live migration. Andrea will cover best practices, providing the
audience with an understanding of when and how to leverage these
features in their environments.

Afterwards:
----------------
Join us afterwards at The Storehouse Pub where we'll continue the
discussion over drinks and/or food. The Storehouse Pub is located at
69 W. 23rd Street.

Speaker Bio:
-------------------
Andrea Arcangeli joined Qumranet and then Red Hat in 2008 because of
his interest in working on the KVM Virtualization Hypervisor, with a
special interest in virtual machine memory management. Before joining
Qumranet, he worked for Novell/SUSE for 9 years. He worked on many
parts of the Linux Kernel, especially on the Virtual Memory subsystem.
Andrea started working with Linux in his spare time shortly after
first connecting to the internet back in 1996 while studying at
University. He enjoys spending most of his time solving software
problems and promoting the adoption of Linux and Open Source software
everywhere.