From: Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 9:53 AM
Subject: RSVP open: Wed Oct 5, Neil Walfield -on- An Advanced
Introduction to GnuPG
To: NYLUG Technical Discussion <nylug-talk@nylug.org>

RSVP here:
----------------
https://www.meetup.com/nylug-meetings/

What:
---------
An Advanced Introduction to GnuPG

When:
----------
Wednesday, Oct 5, 2016
6:30 PM

Where:
-----------
Amazon - AWS Pop-up loft
350 Broadway, New York, NY

Neal Walfield

-on-

An Advanced Introduction to GnuPG

Note: WE ARE MEETING AT Amazon Pop-up Loft!! We'll need names, and you
will need IDs. RSVP will open Wednesday September 21st, 2016, 4:30pm.

An Advanced Introduction to GnuPG

GnuPG is a powerful tool. In this practical presentation, I will start
with an overview of OpenPGP, the messaging protocol that GnuPG
implements. Then, I will explain GnuPG's architecture, some good
practices, and some neat tricks. This talk is specifically targeted at
people who already have a basic understanding of how GnuPG works, and
are interested in understanding what's under the hood.

There will be plenty of time for questions!

Afterwards:
---------------
Join us afterwards at a nearby pub where we'll continue the discussion
over drinks and/or food.

Speaker Bio:
Neal has been hacking on and contributing to free software for over 20
years. Among other projects, he has contributed to GNU Hurd and GPE
(the GNU Palm Environment). After g10code's highly successful fund
raising campaign at the end of 2014 for GnuPG, he was hired by Werner
Koch to work on GnuPG. During the past year and a half at g10code,
Neal has implemented trust on first use (TOFU), and fixed GNOME
Keyring to better interact with GnuPG, among other things.