Software Freedom Conservancy fundraiser

The Software Freedom Conservancy "helps promote, improve, develop, and
defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects.
Conservancy provides a non-profit home and infrastructure for FLOSS
projects. This allows FLOSS developers to focus on what they do best —
writing and improving FLOSS for the general public — while Conservancy
takes care of the projects' needs that do not relate directly to
software development and documentation."

SFC has launched a fundraiser because of "the difficulty of relying on
corporate funding while pursuing important but controversial issues,
like GPL compliance".

https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/nov/23/2015fundraiser/

I encourage you to become a Supporter of the Conservancy!

In addition: my local bookstore, Astoria Bookshop in Queens
http://astoriabookshop.com/ , has volunteer gift-wrappers come in during
the holiday season -- giftwrapping is free, but there's a tip jar and
the volunteer gets to choose what charity the tips go to. I'm doing
giftwrapping shifts 3pm-7pm on Saturday Dec. 12th and 11am-3pm Sunday
the 13th, and the tips will go to Software Freedom Conservancy. If you
need to buy holiday gifts, consider coming by and dropping a few bucks
in my tip jar to benefit the Conservancy!
--
Sumana Harihareswara
http://brainwane.net