[Debian-NYC] Debian Outreach Program for Women matching fund 2013

Hi all,

One of the Debian projects that I have recently volunteered to do, is
to help coordinate Debian's participation in the GNOME Foundation's
Outreach Program for Women (OPW) [1], which is an internship program
aimed at getting more women involved in FOSS, similar to Google's
Summer of Code.

Unlike the Google program, OPW does not require participants to be
students, and as well as coding projects it can also cover non-coding
tasks such as translation, graphic design, documentation, bug triage
and marketing.

However, unlike GSoC, participating projects need to pay the costs
themselves. (There is no large corporate grant).

In order to aid this effort, one of Debian's sponsors has offered to
start a matching fund in USD to fund Debian's participation in OPW.
For details, and to give a donation, please see our Donate now page.

Please do think about getting involved and sharing your ideas, to help
us make OPW an even more useful program for Debian in the future. If
you wish to apply as an intern participant, please review the
available coding [2] and non-coding [3] internships and follow the
instructions for application [4].

Please feel free to email me (or opw@debian.org) if you have any
questions, comments or concerns.

Also, please feel free to spread the word. :)

Thanks,
Brian

[1] - https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen
[2] - http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects