Re: [Debian-NYC] Anyone in town Friday Aug 16th? (Debian 20th birthday).

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Jeremy Baron <jeremy@tuxmachine.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@at.or.at> wrote:
>> If Brian's apartment is near the 2,3 trains, then I can probably make it,
>> since I'm near that.  What's the address?
>
> 125th St 1 train. (or ACBD is a little further away)

Transfer to 1 from 2/3 at 96th street is best bet if you are traveling
far on 2/3.

> https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyWheezy/USA/New%20York
>
> -Jeremy

I'm definitely ok having it either at my place or Pacific Standard.
Since my apt is a bit out of the way for a number of folks, people
have to decide what is more important, convenience or comfort/space.

Please quickly weigh in if either location rules out your attendance,
as if am hosting, I'll need to buy beer, soda and appetizers tomorrow
night. :)

Hey all,

I have no qualms going up to Brian's place, but it'll take me some time to get
there on Friday night, as I have to detour into Brooklyn to pick up the missus
from work first.

If it comes to a point where people would rather have a pub instead, here are
some suggestions for places:

1) Peculier Pub: http://www.yelp.com/biz/peculier-pub-new-york (big selection and lots of space)
2) Vol de Nuit: http://www.yelp.com/biz/vol-de-nuit-new-york <-- (Brian suggested this one)
3) Puck Fair: http://www.yelp.com/biz/puck-fair-new-york (easy to make a reservation for a booth)
4) Pacific Standard Brooklyn: http://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-standard-brooklyn-brooklyn (Brian's 2nd suggestion)

Please note that I'm fine with wherever we go. :)

--Robert

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.