Re: [Debian-NYC] Meeting up on Sun/Mon?

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:

> (I'm not subscribed, please Cc me on replies)
>
> Hiya,
>
> I'll be arriving in NYC on Saturday afternoon and don't really have any
> plans for Sunday or Monday.  I suspect I'll be tired after the flight
> and not that much fun on Saturday, but if somebody wants to meet up with
> Tired Geek, I'll be happy to hang out then too.
>
> It's my second time in NYC, I haven't seen much of the city (Time
> Square, a little bit of the subway, walked through Chinatown, seen wall
> street, but not taken the ferry to staten island, nor that many other
> touristy things), so if somebody wants to take me around, I'll be happy
> to join, or I'd be happy to just hang out in a park or cafe or pub or
> whatever. :-)
>
> I'm on IRC as Mithrandir, email is the From address, phone is +47
> 92642543, dunno how much I'll be online once I hit the ground in NY, so
> if we can arrange something up front via email/IRC, that's probably better.

Tollef,

If you are free Sunday or Monday for a late morning early lunch I'd
propose a group trip to ChinaTown for DimSum at Jing Fong. It's a
pretty unique experience with traditional Cantonese DimSum-Hall style
eating. Here's a blog I found that summarizes the experience nicely.
http://nycfoodguy.com/2009/03/09/introduction-to-dim-sum-at-jing-fong-restaurant/

Monday evening I'd propose a group dinner/beers, at any of the
numerous choices I pointed out on IRC. Depends what kind of food
sounds interesting to you.

Cheers,
Brian

P.S. - Please make sure to cc me in any replies, in case your emails
are still being moderated.