[Debian-NYC] OT - UNIS Tinker Faire Un-Conference
[Hopefully this is not too OT. If you feel that it is, please reply to me off list and I will know better next time. Since it is an un-conference, ideas were Debian and tinkering mix are welcome.]
You are cordially invited to attend
The UNIS Tinker Faire Un-Conference
The UNIS ICT Department is hosting an un-conference on Saturday, April 21, 2012 to explore various aspects of creative computing and their use in the classroom.
We are planning to offer:
- DIY 3D Scanner
- Build your own 3D Scanner on the cheap
- 3D Printing: MakerBot and Design in the Classroom
- Possible Software Choices (3DTin, Tinkercad, Google Sketchup, OpenSCAD)
- Curriculum Development
- S4A (Scratch for Arduino)
- Build an Arduino Project using the Scratch program S4A
- Alice: 3D Programming
- Alice is an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web. Alice is a teaching tool for introductory computing. It uses 3D graphics and a drag-and-drop interface to facilitate a more engaging, less frustrating first programming experience.
- Robotics for Lower School
- Create your own Brush Bots from MakerShed
- Possible Round Tables and Discussions:
- Creating a FabLab/TinkerSpace
- Curriculum based on the Design Process
This is a conference for both technology teachers and classroom teachers Grades K-12. If you are interested in sharing ideas and getting inspired by like-minded colleagues, please join us.
April 21, 2012
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Please R.S.V.P to me off list so we know how many people will attend.
DebianNYC mailing list