Re: [Debian-NYC] public squeeze release party?

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 11:50:22PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 11:35:15PM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> > So shall we have an installfest public release party?  Like an NYCR
>> > thing?
>>
>> Yes please!
> As Jimmy said, the folks at the party seems to indicate that they were also
> looking forward to a 2nd event at NYRC for an install-squeeze-fest or similar

I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately for personal reasons I
wasn't able to make this past weekend, so I missed the conversation.
Was the idea for the second meeting an installfest or more social? If
installfest, is NYC Resistor the place to do it or is Eyebeam better
suited? (I think since Hans is active in both, his input would be
great here).

Also schedule-wise, this week is a great week to do it, as the third
week of the month is vary heavy with user group activity. (I know next
week Tuesday is puppet-nyc, Wed. is NYLUG, and Thursday is UNIGROUP).

BTW one off topic note: I know there are a number of puppet users in
debian-nyc who have expressed interest in attending any puppet
meetings, with Micah even being on of the Debian maintainers, so I
will send a formal announcement over as soon as it is written.
(hopefully by tonight) For those that don't know, DSA
(http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DSA) uses puppet to maintain the Debian
infrastructure and have even made their code public here:
http://git.debian.org/?p=mirror/dsa-puppet.git