Re: [Debian-NYC] DM advice

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 22:58:50 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@at.or.at> wrote:
> So I've been winding my way down the long road to Debian Maintainer
> status, and so far have not gotten anyone to sponsor me.  I'm feeling
> a bit mysified, so I figured I'd ask here since I know a lot of these
> people personally and have discussed this. At this point, I've helped
> with the DebConf NYC effort, have 22 packages in Debian, 9 in NEW, and
> 4 on git.debian.org that are ready for submission:

According to the process for becoming a Debian Maintainer[0], step 2
"Declaration of intent" indicates that you should:

. agree to the social contract
. agree to the DFSG
. agree to the Debian Machine Usage Policies (dmup)
. subscribe to the debian-devel-announce mailing list and are highly encouraged to subscribe to the debian-devel mailing list.
. publically state your agreement to the above documents, signing your declaration with your OpenPGP key. Most people will post their declaration to the debian-newmaint mailing list

I looked on debian-newmaint for your email in the past few months, but I
didn't find it, did you send that? If so, could you provide a reference
to that and then people can reply.

micah

0. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer