Date: Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 18:17
Subject: Barbershop Punk -- New York premiere

Hi,
I'm glad you'll be able to come to the Brooklyn screening of
Barbershop Punk Friday night! It's a compelling movie about keeping
the Internet free. It tells the story of Robb Topolski, a network
engineer and a barbershop quartet singer who learned that Comcast was
throttling his Internet file transfers…and did something about it.
It's a compelling story, and also informative about the importance of
net neutrality.
I will be on a brief panel discussion immediately after the 10:00pm
screening (there is also a 7pm screening, with a different set of
panelists). Below is my bio, and those of my co-panelists, in case you
want to pass the invitation around. The screening costs $7, and it
should be a blast -- I expect lots of fun and interesting people will
be there!
More info/buy tickets: http://barbershoppunk.eventbrite.com/

PETE FORSYTH began writing Wikipedia articles in 2006, focusing on the
history of his home state of Oregon. He helped found WikiProject
Oregon, a dynamic group of Wikipedians which coordinates collaborative
projects and engages with local institutions. Pete was a key architect
of the Wikimedia
Foundation’s Wikipedia Public Policy Initiative, a broadly acclaimed
outreach project. Designed to help the academic world engage with the
Wikipedia production process, this Initiative's programs are now
increasingly driven by volunteers and being replicated around the
world. Pete’s projects have ranged from improving a single Wikipedia
article to designing programs that engage Wikipedia volunteers. He has
also spoken about Wikipedia to a variety of audiences, from Ivy League
universities to community groups, and from Poland to California.

JOSH LEVY is the Associate Campaign Director at Free Press. He
develops and implements Internet- based campaigns, programs and
projects to encourage online activism, advocacy and fundraising.
Before joining Free Press, Josh was managing editor of Change.org, a
social action network where he supervised the launch of more than a
dozen issue-based blogs. He previously worked as an associate editor
fortechPresident.com and Personal Democracy Forum, and was an adjunct
lecturer in media studies at Hunter College in New York City. Josh
holds a B.A. in English and religion from the University of Vermont
and an M.F.A. in Integrated Media Arts from Hunter College.

THOM WOODLEY is aWebby and Streamy nominated writer, filmmaker and web
video entrepreneur, helped usher in the online video revolution with
the launch of his hipster comedy The Burg, one of the first scripted
and professionally produced web series. He then went on to create the
webseries The All- For-Nots, a co-production with Michael Eisner,
All's Faire, and Greg & Donny, which won the New York Television
Festival IFC Award and is slated to premier on IFC in late 2011. In
his spare time, he works in advertising, and was the lead writer on
the famous campaign for Dos Equis, the Most Interesting Man in the
World, for which he has won the Effie, Oneshow, DNAD, Radio Mercury
and Cannes Lions awards. He is the creator of DIORAMA, a new web video
channel dedicated to web video with a Brooklyn edge.