Re: [Debian-NYC] Wed, celebrating Debian's birthday?

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Michael Fladerer
<fladerer@fnb.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Hi Biella, hi NYC Debian folks,
>
> On Mon Aug 16, 2010 at 10:21:18 -0400, Gabriella Coleman wrote:
>>
>> So I realize that Debian's Bday is today but given that no one has sent out
>> a notice, I thought I would try to arrange something for Wed evening.
>>
>> If there is enough interest, I will come back with a place but please send
>> suggestions to me. I think somewhere between Columbia and Brooklyn would be
>> ideal and perhaps a place where we can eat and drink?
>>
>> Michael Falderer is also in town so this is another reason to get together!
>>
> Wednesday is perfect, at least from my point-of-view, because I'm
> going to leave on Thursday.  Celebrating Debian's Bday on Wednesday
> with all of you would be a great final event, though!  So, please let me
> know when and where things gonna happen, and I'll be there.  :-)
>
> Looking forward to meeting you all and having a good time celebrating
> Debian!
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
> @Biella: It's Fladerer btw. ;-P

This Wednesday is the August NYLUG meeting. (Almost always NYLUG is on
the third Wed. of the month). Typically, NYLUG has an after meeting
social eat and food gathering near the IBM building where we meet.
(This month's topic is DRBD, which was accepted into the kernel last
November).  http://nylug.org/home/index.shtml

If Wednesday night is the only night that works for the Debian
birthday event, I'd ask that consideration be held to have your
festivities relatively nearby, so that we could either consider
combining social events, or at the very least make it convenient for
folks to attend both. (RonG, if you are reading this please weigh in
on combing the after meeting gathering with the Debian celebration).

Thanks,
Brian