Re: [Debian-NYC] Novice Nights

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:59:04AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Sorry for vanishing, back in computer land after eating and drinking
> for a couple weeks in Austria.

I hope you had fun!

> I can definitely host this at NYCR.  It should also be possible to
> make it a monthly thing if there is enough interest.  Tuesdays are
> out since that's the regular NYCR member meeting.  THurs is out
> because that's craft night.  Wed is a regular time for public events
> at NYCR, but Fri, Sat, Sun are also possible sometimes.

Does this mean that Wednesdays work sometimes, or Wednesdays are
usually out?

I'll propose these options:
 - Wednesday evening
 - Saturday afternoon
 - Sunday afternoon
based on the most inviting times.  What does this list think about
times that would most inviting to new people and most likely to
attract new people?  Do you think that weeknights or weekend
afternoons are generally better for this?

Hans - are
 - Wednesday, Nov 3, evening (say, 1800-???)

I can't make this due to Drupal Meetup being this night

 - Wednesday, Nov 10, evening

Most likely. One thing to keep in mind if you are thinking  of 6pm in Brooklyn that's pretty tough to make for people who are working anywhere other than Brooklyn and Downtown. (Short of leaving work early). 7pm might be easier. Or you can do something like open lab at 6pm, preso starts at 7pm.

 - Saturday, Oct 6, afternoon (say 1300-1800?)
 - Sunday, Oct 7, afternoon

After confirming with you that you meant Nov 6th or 7th, I can just say at this point I don't have a lot of visibility.. Weekends are generally family time, but if I were to guess now, I suspect Saturdays are better for me in general for the remainder of the year. (Kids have Mandarin class on Sunday, which I normally take them to.)

still available?  Thoughts about a choice between these dates?

Thanks,

- Richard