Re: [Debian-NYC] [Debconf10-localteam] CIRCULATE

On 07/22/2010 07:14 AM, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:16:42 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@at.or.at> wrote:
>> I think we need to move beyond email.  Physical flyers could work too,
>> like in cafes and such.
>
> I really feel like flyers are a LOT of work and expense for very little
> pay off.  I'm certainly not going to stop anyone from making and
> distributing them, but if there are limited funds, it's not a publicity
> method I would recommend.

If someone designs them, I can print them. I agree that it won't have a
huge impact (people won't fully understand them) but it might make a dent.

We need as many folks as possible to email friends, lists, and such.
There is a LARGE geek community in NYC and I would like to see far more
folks register than has happened.

Biella

Gabriella Coleman, Assistant Professor
Department of Media, Culture, & Communication
New York University
239 Greene St, 7th floor
NY NY 10003
212-992-7696