Re: [Debian-NYC] hardware giveaway?

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:52:45AM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:
> How large are they?

The smallest hppa is roughly 43cm x 39cm x 7cm, give or take a
half-centimeter.

The smallest sparc is 1 RU.

As for Lee's question, which I accidentally deleted, but can
grab from the list archives:

> You can help PA-RISC Linux qualify for Debian "etch" release:
> Please "apt-get install popularity-contest"!

The hppa port released with lenny, and may or may not release with
squeeze.  It is basically driven by a single person who does not
seem to have much time for it, so it is an excellent time to try
to delay the nails in the coffin.

> I guess my question is "are these pieces of hardware more capable than
> an iPhone or NanoITX Intel motherboard"? If yes, than I might have a
> home for one of them.

A nano-ITX could run rings around these performance-wise.  The areas where
I would claim more capability are in the firmware.