Re: [Debian-NYC] Next Debian-NYC Gathering

Hi people,

So I am about to violate list rules but as an anthropologist, I am
well aware that violation and transgression can be productive
activities and I am willing to take the heat because the event I am
going to advertise is SO WORTH GOING TO. Anyway, I am sure one can
also argue that this is Debian related at some level, because let's
face it, Debian powers much of the Internet and so it helps these
memes travel fast and wide!

MEMEFACTORY

http://www.whatweknowsofar.com/nyu/

It is on October 9th and 7:30 so I also am urging people not to pick
that as a date for the Debian gathering. Information below:

Friday, October 9, 2009. 7:30pm - 9:00pm. Warren Weaver Hall, Room 109

If one were to assume there might be any kind of end to the
meaningless drivel on the web, one would be wrong. For this very
reason, we present MemeFactory NYU. We’re lucky enough to have been
invited by NYU’s ACM Chapter, Free Culture @ NYU, Council for Media
and Culture, and the Center for Media and History to present our
second, full-length MemeFactory during which we wax philosorapsophical
about the state of popular (and some unpopular… and some überpopular)
internet media.

That means about one and one half of one hours of 3 projectors, 3
gentlemen, more pictures of cats, videos of fails and power ratings
over 9000 than any previous MemeFactory. We’d call it
bang-for-your-buck, but damn… this shindig is $Free! So don your
pancake hat - or your furry suit, we wont judge - and get ready to Get
Down, get WeeGee’d and of course… Crank That.