[Debian-NYC] DebConf10 NYC Help

Hello everyone,

It was great meeting everyone at Pacific Standard today(yesterday?)
evening.  Even better is that there is so much support for hosting
this DebConf in New York.  There were many offers to help... so let's
make a call to action:

So, let's see... what can be done:

A big thing that everyone can help with is cleaning up our wiki
pages.  It's clear everyone thinks NYC would be a great page to host
DebConf.  We can use a clear description of all of those reasons here:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/NewYork .  This page is the
"master" page for the city.

As you (may have) heard tonight, we have two main options for venues:
Columbia and Hostelling International.  These have separate subpages
describing their relative advantages and disadvantages:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/NewYork/HI
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/NewYork/Columbia
These could use more sets of eyes, also.

For comparison, the Boston bid page is
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Boston .  They list lots of
small things which we have equal or better -- we just need to write it
down on our pages.

Let's try to keep all the NY-wide date on the main NewYork page, and
venue-specific data at their pages.  However, we *will* need to make
final decisions and merge it all together soon.  Either way, we should
fully explain the benefits of *both* of our options.  Right now we are
answering questions inline with the preferred LocationChecklist-- I'll
leave it up to the wisdom of the crowds when sections should be split
off and when they should be kept inline.

Our IRC coordination channel is #debconf-nyc on irc.debian.org
(=OFTC).  I am making a little list of things to-do, ask me (MrBeige)
on irc and I'll share details.  Also, it could help if you get me info
on what is most important to focus on in terms of venue over the next
week.  Also of use could be http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriorityList
.  We have less than a week.

Anyway, that's all for now.  Edit the wiki.  And IRC.  Soon.  If you
want to help.

Thanks for all the support tonight, and hope to see you on irc soon.

- Richard
(MrBeige @ oftc)
(who's probably making mistakes here because he's so tired...)