Re: [Debian-NYC] Thursday 14 August 2008 Internet Society of New York Meeting

* Jay Sulzberger (jays@panix.com) wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Micah Anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > Jay,
> >
> > * Jay Sulzberger <jays@panix.com> [2008-08-12 09:17-0400]:
> >>  Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:44:41 -0400
> >>  To: announce@isoc-ny.org
> >>  From: ISOC-NY announcements <announce@isoc-ny.org>
> >>  Subject: [isoc-ny] ISOC-NY Monthly Meeting - Aug 14 2008
> >
> > I'll be the first to admit I went wildly off-topic with my Obama rant,
> > and I apologize for that... however, it was established some time ago
> > that these types of forwards of yours of events, although tangentially
> > related to Debian, were not wanted by the subscribers.
> >
> > micah
>
> Micah, thank you for your note.
>
> Indeed, some Debian folk might want to attend this meeting.

They might, but if they were they could easily subscribe to
announce@isoc-ny.org.

> I considered the partly implicit rules of Debian NYC, and I
> decided to send this one notice.

I don't think there's anything implicit about it. But let me be
explicit: Please only post things that are related to Debian or want
to gather local Debian developers for a social gathering. Good litmus
test: If your post does not contain the work "Debian", don't send it.

If anyone besides Jay disagrees with that, please speak now or forever
hold your peace :)

Eric Dorland <eric@kuroneko.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com