[Debian-NYC] Thursday 17 January 2008 Unigroup: Robert Weiner on CentOS and Fedora GNU/Linux

  what="official UNIGROUP announcement">

 Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 05:24:24 -0500 (EST)
 From: Unigroup_of_NY <unilist@unigroup.org>
 Subject: UNIGROUP Meeting 17-JAN-2007 (Thu): CentOS and Fedora

 Unigroup is this Thursday...  (full announcement to be posted shortly):

 UNIGROUP OF NEW YORK - UNIX USERS GROUP - JANUARY 2008 ANNOUNCEMENTS

 1. UNIGROUP'S JANUARY 2008 GENERAL MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

       When:  THURSDAY, January 17, 2007    (** Third Thursday **)

      Where:  Alliance for Downtown NY Conference Facility
              Downtown Center
              104 Washington Street
              South West Corner of Wall Street Area
              Downtown, New York City
              ** Please RSVP (not mandatory) **

       Time:  6:15 PM - 6:25 PM  Registration
              6:25 PM - 6:45 PM  Ask the Wizard, Questions,
                                 Answers and Current Events
              6:45 PM - 7:00 PM  Unigroup Business and Announcements
              7:00 PM - 9:30 PM  Main Presentation

      Topic:  Experiences with CentOS and Fedora Linux

    Speaker:  Robert Weiner, President,
              Programming Plus <http://www.progplus.com>,
              Executive Director, Unigroup of New York, Inc.

    INTRODUCTION:
    -------------

    Unigroup's January 2008 meeting will be an informal discussion
    about experiences (ie. war stories) with the freely available
    CentOS and Fedora Linux/GNU Operating Systems.  Various issues
    seen during the past year of CentOS (spanning versions 4.4 / 4.5 / 4.6,
    including kernel panics and failed upgrades from 4.x to 5.x),
    and Fedora 7 / 8 (including kernel panics and failed upgrades
    from 7 to 8 with workarounds) will be discussed.

    (I'm working on a full outline and meeting announcement).

    ** Unigroup Board of Director Elections: Unigroup will be holding
       our annual elections for our Board of Directors at this meeting.
       If you are interested in running/volunteering for the Unigroup
       Board, please contact us immediately!

 I hope to see you all at our next meeting!

 -Rob Weiner
  Unigroup Executive Director
  unilist (-a_t-) unigroup.org
  http://www.unigroup.org