 Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:49:40 -0400 (EDT)
 From: Evan Korth <korth@cs.nyu.edu>
 To: Computers_and_society_announcements@cs.nyu.edu
 Subject: [Computers_and_society_announcements] Two talks to end the semester

 Thanks to everyone who attended the series.  It was a great
 semester.  Among our prestigious speakers this semester, we have
 had three EFF Pioneer award winners (Cory Doctorow (2007 -- he
 spoke to us before he won), Jimmy Wales (2006), and Richard
 Stallman (1998).

 We have two additional speakers coming next week to finish off
 this semester's series.  Either one could be a future Pioneer
 winner.  A flyer for each is attached to this message.  Both
 talks will be held in Warren Weaver Hall ("WWH" -- 251 Mercer
 Street).

 On Monday (4-23) NYU's own Jay Rosen will speak about American
 journalism and the rise of a new press on the internet at 3:30 in
 room 101 (WWH).  Jay is a friend who is a strong supporter of
 citizen journalism, encouraging the press to take a more active
 interest in citizenship, improving public debate, and enhancing
 life.

 On Wednesday travel expert, investigative journalist and
 activist, Ed Hasbrouck will speak at 3:30 in room 109 (WWH) about
 travel technology and civil liberties.  If you travel and wonder
 what the industry does with your personal information, you should
 not miss this talk.

 Hope to see you next week.  If not, have a great summer.

 e.
 Evan Korth
 Clinical Assistant Professor
 Computer Science Department