Re: Anybody from India attending DebConf18?

Hello Raju,

On 27 June 2018 at 16:42, Raju Devidas <rajudev@disroot.org> wrote:
> Reply Inline
>

> On शुक्रवार 08 जून 2018 08:32 अपराह्न, Amey Abhyankar wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Anybody from India attending DebConf18?
>> I might be attending but not sure yet.
>>
>> Anybody applied for bursaries?
> I got my bursary request accepted.
>> 1 of my friend applied but no reply yet from the team.
>> Just wonder if anybody else got update from bursary team. Thanks.
> Trying to arrange my Tickets and Visa at the moment.
>
> I still don't have a clear understanding of how the bursaries are processed.

As per my experience from DebConf15, I applied for travel
support/bursaries via Debconf's bursaries URL.
After this, I asked for visa letter.
I got bursaries acceptance e-mail after a while.
Then I proceeded with air ticket booking & visa.

In DebConf15, there were 2 options offered.
Option 1 was to take the reimbursement in CASH on-site or get it via
electronic mode later on.
I opted for CASH.
I filled the form on last day of the conference & got the reimbursement in CASH.

But generally you upload the SWIFT code of your Indian bank along with
your saving bank account number at bursaries URL.
Also upload the air ticket & etc which is approved by bursaries team.
Wait for approvals & payment/reimbursement to be processed.

Electronic/Wire transfer takes about a month or so after the conference.
So take follow up with respective team if you don't get the
reimbursement in time.
In DebConf15 few folks from Pune got the amount after 2+ months.