Re: debconf procedures and SMC as a trusted organization

Hi,

On 04/17/2018 11:32 PM, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> Interestingly, through my journey I came across some content which
> shared that SMC had tried to get trusted organization but didn't get
> anywhere.

To be honest, I don't remember this. AFAIR, SMC provided us help and
support with financial infrastructure (for collecting sponsorships) and
similar help with organizing a few local Debian related events (like
Debian release parties, DebUtsav etc.). Other than that, I don't
remember SMC ever officially applying to be a Trusted Organization to
Debian. Could you share the content you came across regarding this, so
that I can refresh my memory?

I know at least Bala (of SMC, GNOME, GNUKhata, Debian and
> probably few more upstream projects) participated in Debconf 2017.
>
> @Bala were you able to advance the discussion about how SMC operates
> and how it could benefit both the organizations or/and get
> requirements from Debconf as to the requirements that an organization
> needs to do to be called as 'trusted organization' in Debian.

No. I didn't attend DebConf 2017 and don't remember having any
discussions regarding anything TO related.

PS: My association with GNUKhata is only that I helped a bit its
packaging for Debian, and the fact that I recommend that over Tally to
anyone who asks me.

Regards
Balu