Re: Rails 5 transition - help needed

On 2018, സെപ്റ്റംബർ 26 12:54:11 PM IST, "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>Just read Praveen's mail from last month -
>
>https://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2018/08/msg00002.html
>
>@Praveen, is there any help needed in the transition still or it's all
>done.  I have a cowbuilder and a docker instance on my machine in case
>needed.

Yes, it is still not complete. Try to follow the instructions there and feel free to ask if you need help with specific steps.

Basically we need to run tests with rails 5, either

1. by rebuilding against rails 5 in experimental after specifying minimum version of rails as 5
2. Or by upstream tests using rubygems.org/bundler if the package is not configured to run tests.

Sometimes a newer upstream version already mentions rails 5 support, in that case we just need to update.