Re: Fwd: Re: relayb0t

Abhijith <abhijith@disroot.org> writes:

> On September 11, 2016 8:10:28 PM GMT+05:30, Vasudev Kamath <vasudev@copyninja.info> wrote:
>
>>If some discussion happens in #debian-in IRC and all of a sudden if a
>>bot comes in the middle dumping some thing totally unrelated stuff
>>people will get totally annoyed.
>

> Again its bidirectional. If some discussion happens in #debian-in ,then
> debian-in people can see that and they can take part in it . How then it becomes
> totally unrelated stuff dumping ?
>
> The only unrelated stuff dumping from relayb0t is when it goes offline for some
> reason and when I restart, it may send last 5 or 10 ( I am not sure about the
> number ) conversation to #debian-in . Well I need to work on that .

Probably this is what I saw yesterday when I started query about bot. I
remember suddenly seeing 5-10 messages coming out in IRC by bot.

>>If it is a person talking it can be
>>understandable but here its not a person but a bot representing people
>>who are not even present on IRC channel.
>
> That is the only problem I see with relayb0t . We can work together to
> solve that problem . (if its possible )

Sure. What Jonas yesterday telling you was this only, he was just
explaining what he researched and what he really wants. We never meant
to discourage/demotivate you in first place. I agree I just over reacted
for your "like you are doing now" comment to Jonas and I apologize for
that.

If your code is available some where and if you are open to discuss join
us on #debian-in and we are ready to work with you.