From: shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 17:31:29 +0000
Subject: suggestions for getting extension to visa - e-mail address of
south africa consulate, mumbai.
To: debconf-discuss <debconf-discuss@lists.debconf.org>

Dear all,

A bit longish mail, sorry about that.

After lot of legwork, finally got a visa but not of the dates that I
wanted. As can be seen from my arrival and departure dates on the
wiki, I'll be in
Cape Town for almost 17 days but the visa I got is only of 10 days.

For last couple of days, I have been trying to get across to the South
African Consulate but without any success.  The number - + 91 22 2351
3725 exists but nobody attends it. At the most I'm able to get to the
switchboard but it doesn't get connected to the visa personnel inside
the consulate. The time for enquiry is only one hour from 1400 to 1500
hrs IST where nobody picks up the phone, at least that's my
observation after trying for 2 days.

There is no e-mail address for the South African Consulate in Mumbai,
the e-mail address  sacgmumbai@saconsulate.in is useless/dead. Doing a
simple whois on the domain shows it's no longer there (not found). I
am non-plussed how to approach the consulate.

The South African consulate in Mumbai, India seems to have out-sourced
all its work to vfsglobal

http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/india/

Now how do I approach the consulate as there doesn't seem to be a way
out. I tried connecting the Delhi Consular Office with the same
results. Even there the e-mail addresses are either dormant or not
working and anyways Mumbai is far nearer than Delhi.

One option is that I send a registered post asking for the e-mail
address of the Mumbai consular office.

Another option is to go to mumbai and try to see if I can somehow
force their hand to share their contact details or/and have some sort
of appointment where I can show all my documents although what I heard
from the third-party (vfs) they are not approachable unless you
contact them one way or the other before making the trip. They refused
to co-operate/give the e-mail address or any Consular officer's number
so I could approach them directly.

The whole thing is opaque.

I am in a bit of quagmire also on the flight . I have no idea if Qatar
Airways (the airlines I'm flying with) will make an exception and just
change the file tickets of coming back. Mostly I may have to cancel my
tickets and buy new tickets which would be horrendously expensive
(also both tickets are non-refundable in nature) to do both the
things.

Could people suggest a way out ?

I did see few cover letters for the same -
http://www.careerride.com/view.aspx?Id=11416

Looking for the way forward.