not well and openstack in debian.

Hi all,

Am not well hence I will not be coming tomorrow. Sunday is an option
but that depends on how my cough and cold holds out on me.

Sana and Akansha would either be giving a talk or a small workshop on
Openstack on Sunday.  You can see that it is there in Debian, both in
jessie and later in stretch (current testing as well.) This is the
metapackage -

https://packages.debian.org/source/stable/openstack-meta-packages

[$] aptitude show openstack-toaster

Package: openstack-toaster
State: not installed
Version: 0.13
OpenStack is a reliable cloud infrastructure. Its mission is to
produce the ubiquitous cloud computing platform that will meet the
needs of public and private cloud providers regardless of size, by
being simple to implement and massively scalable.

This metapackage will install all Openstack server packages to run a
cloud on a single computer. Later, more computers can join the cloud.
Homepage: http://openstack.alioth.debian.org/

If it is a presentation, would suggest that they take some time to
dispel some myths about cloud before getting into openstack and also
give some sort of comparative analysis vis-a-vis other cloud
implementation technologies.

I have suggested them to do a small workshop but guess that would
require having the openstack binaries plus lot of python libraries as
well as on a thumb-drive. I did a rough count and it needed 311
packages (although just around 100 MB of disk space) at my system,
even though there are lots of python libraries installed on my system
.

I did read a similar post about owncloud which is going under some
similar issues, see http://lwn.net/Articles/670566/

So there's lot that could be shared if Sana and Akansha want, there
are much better, experienced people like Jonas who would be perhaps be
able to share more light as to how they should go about it.

Till later.